Monday, January 18, 2010



Mxpx. man oh man you have been there for me since i was in 5th grade. my 1st punk rock show. My fist cassette tape. (Well it was my older brothers tape) my 1st band t-shirt. My 1st patch. My first stage drive. My 1st mosh. Every time I let a old mxpx tune play it takes me right back to the dim lit crowed church like venue. I can pretty much taste the sweat still. I do not recall who else played that night but I think it may have been puller or something like that, no big deal. During one of the opening bands a huge fat guy fell on me and crushed my 5th grade body. My brother then helped me up brought me out side for some air while I cried like a pussy. Did i ask to go home? No did I say no more mosh pit? Hell no I jumped right back in there like the little crazy kid I’ll always be. i will never forget that night. i hold it so close to my heart. it was the start of a long love for music and everything that comes with it. I am who I am today because of it. Always thankful . Always have love for mxpx always will.





MXPX - Life In General (1996)



1. "Middlename" ? 2:55
2. "My Mom Still Cleans My Room" ? 2:50
3. "Do Your Feet Hurt" ? 3:10
4. "Sometimes You Have to Ask Yourself" ? 2:19
5. "The Wonder Years" ? 1:51
6. "Move to Bremerton" ? 3:35
7. "New York to Nowhere" ? 2:16
8. "Andrea" ? 1:46
9. "Your Problem, My Emergency" ? 3:16
10. "Chick Magnet" ? 3:12
11. "Today Is in My Way" ? 3:06
12. "Sorry So Sorry" ? 2:14
13. "Doing Time" ? 1:23
14. "Correct Me If I'm Wrong" ? 2:33
15. "Cristalena" ? 2:01
16. "Destroyed by You" ?2:33
17. "Southbound" ? 2:34


Life in General (85.12 MB)

downlaod

1 comment:

  1. I think Joe Becker and I oughta get some props for your life-changing experience. Glad I could light the pilot of what would be a roaring fire of musical appreciation. Oh and it was Puller and Stavesacre that opened that night.

    ReplyDelete